With the holiday season right around the corner, shoppers are prepping by making lists, formulating gameplans, and looking for the best deals in town.
As a business owner, your preparation likely looks a little different, maybe something more like advertising plans, sale signs and holiday events. Ultimately, your focus is on filling a need – be it supplying a shopper with the perfect gift, filling your tables with hungry patrons or playing Santa’s helper.
To help you usher in the start of holiday shopping season, Small Business Saturday® is all about supporting local merchants by, you guessed it, shopping local.
IDEAS FOR MAKING THE MOST OF SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY
From a regular Small Business Saturday® participant, here are 5 ways to make the most of it and appeal to customers.
- Tell your story. Customers shop local to support local, so help them see how you support your community year-round. Consider sharing your business origin story or highlighting the ways you give back. Don’t be afraid to get personal.
- Spread the word. Take advantage of every avenue available to showcase your location, hours, etc., including these materials available to you from Shop Small®. Increase your number of posts on social media and create a Facebook event to garner interest and stay top of mind. Send out a customer e-newsletter, utilize in-store flyers and check with local media to see if there’s a Small Business Saturday segment you can get in on.
- Partner up. Give customers an easy opportunity to support other local businesses by partnering with your neighbors. Run a joint promotion or consider handing out coupons for their store – and having them do the same.
- Highlight what you have to offer. As a local shop, your products are likely to be more diverse than those of big box stores, so tout them. Make the most of window displays and front tables by showcasing your unique offerings. That goes for restaurants, too! Bust out the sandwich board, show shoppers your grab-and-go offerings and of course, beverage specials. That mid-day pick-me-up is mandatory on big shopping days!
- Check-in with your local insurance agent. Small Business Saturday has the potential to be a busy – and profitable – day for you. Think about a quick chat with us today before the busy shopping season to make sure you’re covered for whatever comes your way.
Protect Your Business Year-Round
While these tips are all about capitalizing on Small Business Saturday, they don’t expire when the clock strikes midnight, much like the advice and support your ERIE agent provides. Make sure your business insurance needs are met by talking to your agent today.
A better insurance experience starts with ERIE.
Haven’t heard of us? Erie Insurance started with humble beginnings in 1925 with a mission to emphasize customer service above all else. Though we’ve grown to reach the Fortune 500 list, we still haven’t lost the human touch.
Contact Storti Insurance today to experience the ERIE difference for yourself.